Friday, August 28, 2009


I recently decided that I needed to keep a daily account of my life for a couple of reasons: one, for us to look back on after the wait for a pair of lungs and the surgery/recovery-two, to help family/friends informed of what's happening, as we are about 90 miles away from them-and last to keep my thoughts in order because here lately I'm so busy with everything that my days are beginning to run together. So, enjoy!

Today a wonderful nurse will be laid to rest. One that offered warm caring advice and administered warm caring hugs. As one of my husbands Cystic Fibrosis nurses, she will always be remembered for making the worst situations seem so much better. I have been praying for her friends and family, along with all the other nurses and doctors here that had the pleasure of working with her. She will forever be close to my heart. RIP Barbara 'Shantel' Rich.

So far today has been good. I didn't sleep to well in this recliner, but got to sleep a little late. Heard the doctor come in and tell Danny that they are waiting on his sputum sample to grow some bacteria. Danny's been sleeping most all day, besides the interruptions by the doctor, respiratory and the nurse coming in to draw "tobi levels". No bad spells for him though, so far. And I hope that the day continues to go well for him. I'm going to try to get him out of bed to take a shower and walk later. But for now I'm just going to let him rest, which means I get to watch whatever I want on TV :)


  1. Im Kellee. My husband has CF and I am always so excited to find new CF blog buddies especially when its a CF wife!! I really think we are breeds of our own! Anyway just wanted to introduce myself! I look forward to following your journey.


  2. HI! I'm new at this blogging thing, but hope it helps me to clear my mind sometimes. I have lots of respect for people who have to deal with this stuff. Its tough. My husband is currently in the hospital awaiting a double lung transplant. So between him and my 4 year old I am constantly on the road driving from home to the hospital which is nearly 100 miles. Glad to hear from you and hope you and your husband are doing well :) talk to you soon!