Thursday, September 10, 2009

So close, yet soooo far away...

It has been a week since I've blogged, and not alot has happened. I got to bring Ashton and Danny's friend Josh out to see him last Saturday. He enjoyed hanging out and talking. Also, Danny almost got another chance at a pair of lungs. But the doctor said that they were too far away, and weren't the best quality. They'd really like to find a good pair of lungs for him. So, we are still waiting on lungs. He got up and had a shower yesterday, and I know it had to make him feel a little better. The first time in a while that he's been able to actually get up and get in the shower. He got up and did a little walking too. He hasn't been able to do that in a while either. Went outside and sat on the benches. It was a little muggy out there, so we didn't stay out long.

The government cut Danny's check (SSI) because they say they over payed him last year. I don't see how that's his fault, but whatever. It wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't our ONLY income. That barely paid our bills in the first place, now it puts me in a bind. I have to worry about paying the bills, and having gas money to travel to Birmingham. UGH, sometimes it just seems like life kicks you when you are already down. But the only thing I can do is keep my head up. Do what I can, and worry about my family. I wish I could work, but being this close to this transplant is what we have always wanted. If I did get a job, as soon as the call came I'd have to leave and be prepared to stay here for 4-6 weeks or more. So right now I'm just managing the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment